How to Get Your Podcast on Apple Podcasts
Getting your podcast on Apple Podcasts—formerly iTunes—is a super simple and straightforward process.
Before you follow the steps just make sure that you have your podcast feed ready.
- Head to podcastsconnect.apple.com and log in with your Apple ID—this is the same login you'd use on the App Store and iTunes—or create one if you haven’t already.
- Hit the plus button in the top left corner, enter your podcasts’ RSS feed, and then “Verify”.
- As long as your feed is valid you should see your podcast’s details like artwork, categories, host etc
- Press the “Submit” button and you’re all done.
- Wait up for email confirmation from Apple that your show has been accepted into the directory
Being on Apple Podcasts will give you access to a large portion of podcast listeners.
Once you’re podcast is available on Apple Podcasts you’ll be have access to the analytics of listens on Apple devices using their default Podcasts app.
Apple also provides a guide for some best practices on how to market your podcast.
This includes a free badge to direct link listeners to your show on Apple Podcasts.
Make sure you’re also submitting your podcast to these directories as well